“When [Jesus] wanted fully to explain what his forthcoming death was all about, he didn’t give a theory. He didn’t even give them a set of scriptural texts. He gave them a meal.
It was, undoubtedly, a Passover meal. But it was, undoubtedly, a Passover meal with a radical difference. . . . Instead of Passover pointing backward to the great sacrifice by which God has rescued his people from slavery in Egypt, this meal pointed forward to the great sacrifice by which God was to rescue his people from their ultimate slavery, from death itself and all that contributed to it.”
~ N. T. Wright, from Simply Jesus
- Quote of the Day: Battling Doubt…Or Rebellion?
- Borrowed impressions
- Developing a discerning ear
- But what happens when we live God’s way?
- New Bible studies posted
- Living Generously
- 10 Attitudes and Outcomes that are Like Oil and Water
- Grace in the Old Testament?
- Quote: “When we cannot laugh at ourselves…”