Most of our problems are not circumstantial. Most of our problems are perceptual. Our biggest problems can be traced back to an inadequate understanding of who God is. Our problems seem really big because our God seems really small. In fact, we reduce God to the size of our biggest problem.
Tozer said a “low view of God . . . is the cause of a hundred lesser evils.” But a person with a high view of God “is relieved of ten thousand temporal problems.”
– Mark Batterson, In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day: How to Survive and Thrive When Opportunity Roars
- Quote of the Day: Battling Doubt…Or Rebellion?
- Borrowed impressions
- Developing a discerning ear
- But what happens when we live God’s way?
- New Bible studies posted
- Living Generously
- 10 Attitudes and Outcomes that are Like Oil and Water
- Grace in the Old Testament?
- Quote: “When we cannot laugh at ourselves…”